Canada’s provincial nominee program (PNP) recognize every province and territory to choose candidates that satisfy their particular criteria and decide for Canadian permanent residence. So, which Canadian province makes it most comfortable to get PR?
There are more than 80 diverse PNPs, each with their different eligibility requirements. PNPs let provinces respond to their individual immigration needs. Often, PNPs are created to fill gaps in the labor force to target applicants with experience in high-demand occupations.
Many PNPs require candidates to connect to the province, through previous work experience in the region, a prior study in the area, or a job offer from an employer in the division. However, a few PNPs are perfect for those living outside of Canada who don’t have links in Canada’s provinces.
Keep reading to find out which Canadian area is right for you as you start your Canadian immigration journey!
These are some of the easiest provinces to get Canadian permanent residence:
Saskatchewan’s International Skilled Worker PNP
Saskatchewan’s International Skilled Worker PNP is created to produce workers with experience in the province’s in-demand occupations.
To be qualified:
- Candidate must have at least one year of experience in one of the jobs incorporated on Saskatchewan’s In-Demand Occupations List. More number of candidates may now be eligible to apply with the extension of the In-Demand Occupations List.
- Candidates must have achieved a post-secondary educational credential of at least one year and have some English or French proficiency. There are two segments of Saskatchewan International Skilled Worker which are for candidates outside of Canada.
- Saskatchewan Express Entry stream, which demands a candidate to have an active Express Entry profile to implement.
- Saskatchewan Occupations In-Demand stream, which doesn’t necessitate an Express Entry profile.
Alberta’s Express Entry Stream
Canada’s western region of Alberta is home to Canada’s thriving towns, such as Calgary and Edmonton. With a growing business market and an excellent education system, it is a province that should be regarded when considering your immigration opportunities.
- The Alberta Express Entry stream selects candidates from the federal Express Entry pool and invites them to apply for a province nomination. One significant advantage of this segment is that the least CRS score is 300, which means higher candidates in the pool will be able to receive a Notification of Interest from the province.
- Receiving a provincial nomination will increase an applicant’s CRS score by 600 points, virtually guaranteeing to get ITA, an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence in the subsequent Express Entry draw.
Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream
Ontario is Canada’s most attractive destination for immigrants with several newcomers drawn to Toronto’s bustling metropolis and its growing tech-jobs sector. As such, the territory has a comprehensive quota for encouraging newcomers immigrate through PNP streams. For those residing outside of Canada, Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities stream is a great opportunity!
- This stream prioritizes skilled workers capable of filling professional employment positions in the province to be eligible. Human Capital Priorities is regulated with the federal Express Entry system.
- A candidate essentially has an active Express Entry profile with a CRS score of 400 points or higher to be acknowledged. Ontario scans for all Express Entry profiles and invites specific profiles to apply to the PNP. The particular criteria Ontario uses to choose candidates has not been declared public.
Last summer, Ontario started handling draws targeted to tech workers maintaining the Human Capital Priorities Stream.
- Aspirants are assumed to have work experience in one of six designated NOC codes. Following its launch, the province has handled three tech-specific draws, with a total of 4,350 invitations granted so far.
- Ontario also proposes a PNP stream for French-Speaking Skilled Workers who have profiles in the Express Entry pool. If you have intermediate to advanced French proficiency, this program may be an excellent option for you!
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP)
British Columbia grants wide-ranging segments and classifications for workers, graduates, and entrepreneurs in its Provincial Nominee Program. It includes types aligned with Canada’s federal Express Entry immigration selection system.
Though some BC-PNP categories require applicants to have a job offer from a BC employer, specific categories managed outside the SIRS do not require applicants to have a job offer. The BC-PNP also offers a Tech Pilot program, introduced in 2017, whereby tech and IT workers may immigrate to BC and obtain Canadian permanent residence.
Nova Scotia Nominee Program
Nova Scotia is a more popular destination for newcomers with several Express Entry-aligned segments and room to embrace graduates and entrepreneurs.
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program
The NBPNP constitutes a popular Express Entry-linked stream and opportunities for workers with job proposals and immigrant entrepreneurs. The Express Entry-aligned Nova Scotia Experience segment enables eligible candidates in the federal Express Entry pool to pick Nova Scotia as their novel home in Canada.
Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
The PEI PNP embraces applications from Express Entry applicants, skilled craftsmen, graduates, and business investors. The PEI PNP grants immigration streams for candidates in the government of Canada’s Express Entry pool and skilled workers (currently working in PEI or outside Canada), graduates of local higher education institutions, and business immigrants who want to operate a business in PEI.
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP)
The NLPNP embodies Canadian immigration pathways for Express Entry aspirants, graduates, workers, and business persons.
Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
If you have a job proposal up north in the Northwest Territories, the NTNP could be an immigration plan. Express Entry candidates have a dedicated segment under the NTNP.
Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
Yukon is looking for Express Entry aspirants and other workers and business persons, to contribute to life in the territory.
A vital part of Canada’s immigration policy, 200,000 people assumed to gain Canadian permanent residence throughout a Provincial Nominee Program between 2020 and 2022. Provincial Nominee Programs are the swiftest growing economic Canadian immigration pathway.
Want to apply for a Provincial Nominee Program? Jet Immigration team has helped hundreds of applicants to Immigrate and Settle in Canada. Our expert team works with you closely to provide most suitable options and assist you through the immigration program. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or take a Free Assessment.