Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
What is the Provincial Nominee Program?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has signed up with provinces and territories (except Quebec – which has a separate selection program) in Canada, allowing them to nominate immigrants through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
The most well-known Provincial Programs in Canada is the British Columbia PNP (also known as BC PNP), Manitoba PNP and Alberta PNP.
Those who wish to apply under Provincial Nominee Programs must have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of that province or territory and must want to live there. Provincial Nomination is also an important fast-track option available for Canadian Permanent Residency.
How it works and Express Entry
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and criteria for their PNP. For example, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target students, business people, skilled workers or semi-skilled workers. In some Provinces, applicants with family members, close relatives or family friends in that particular province are given additional advantage.
Some Provincial Nomination Programs may be part of the Express Entry System. This was done in January 1, 2015 and are called ‘Enhanced Nominations’.
The following Provinces are currently participating in the PNP:
- British Columbia (BC PNP)
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Where our expertise helps
Our trusted experts at Jet Immigration can help by:
- Conducting a FREE Assessment and determining your eligibility for Express Entry System
- Creation of your Express Entry Profile if that particular PNP Stream falls within the Express Entry System
- Facilitate the completion of Provincial Nominee Visa Formalities if you are invited to apply under Express Entry System
- Facilitate completion of Non-Express Entry Provincial Nominee Programs
- Facilitate visa formalities under the Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration Program
Interested in immigrating under the Provincial Nominee Program?