Live in Caregiver Program

  • Home
  • Live in Caregiver Program

Canada Live in Caregiver

Be a Live in Caregiver – under the Canada Caregiver Program

Citizen and Immigration Canada (CIC)’s  Live in Caregiver Program allows hiring a Foreign Caregiver for the following family members in a household:

  • a child
  • an elderly person
  • a person with disability

Popularly known as the ‘Nanny’ , Caregivers provide great support in taking care of a household. Their role is both important and vital towards functioning of society. Entry through a Caregiver Visa helps meet the supply-demand equation for this profession as there are not many Canadian takers for these type of jobs.

Live in Caregivers may choose to reside in the house where they work. While the hiring of a Live in Caregiver is a two tier process, the third milestone for such a Caregiver could be the application for Permanent Residence of Canada (PR Visa) after acquiring the requisite work experience.

Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA):

Any employer looking to hire a Live in Caregiver from outside Canada, must apply to Service Canada for an approval process called as ‘Labour Market Impact Assessment-LMIA’ (formerly known as LMO). This approval calls for a set of guidelines and mandatory requirements for an employer to qualify for the positive determination of LMIA. A Caregiver can be employed only after the LMIA is received.

If you are an employer looking more information on hiring a Live in Caregiver, please contact us for a ‘No-Obligation’ confidential consultation.

Work Permit:

Upon successful outcome of LMIA, a foreign worker may then apply for a work permit under the Live in Caregiver Program at an appropriate Visa Office. The foreign worker has to qualify for the work permit based on Skill and Education Requirements set out in the LMIA.

Application for Permanent Residence of Canada:

After gaining the requisite Work Experience as a Live in Caregiver in Canada, the applicant may qualify and apply for the Canadian Immigration under the Caregiver Program.

Where we can help

Our experts at Jet Immigration can help you by:

  • Conducting a FREE Assessment and determining your eligibility under the Live in Caregiver Program
  • Obtaining the positive LMIA for the employer
  • Facilitating the Caregiver Visa Application Process
  • Helping you with your Permanent Residence Permit

Interested in becoming a Foreign Caregiver?

To know your eligibility, CLICK HERE for a free assessment
Need Help? Chat with us