Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

  • Home
  • Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

Canada Parent-Grandparent Super Visa

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

As a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen, there is no greater joy than being able to have your parents or grandparents visit and stay with you. It gives them immense happiness to see how you have established yourself.

Many Canadians felt that the duration of their parents or grandparents stay in Canada was too short. The Government of Canada recognized this and has created a special visa, known as the Super Visa to address the issue.

Who can apply?

Parents and Grandparents with spouses or common-law partners of Canadian Permanent Residents and Canadian Citizens, can apply for a Super Visa

How does a Super Visa work?

A Super Visa is issued for up to 10 years. It allows parents and grandparents to visit Canada for periods of up to 2 years per visit. This is extremely beneficial since a normal tourist (visitor) visa allows the applicant to stay for a maximum 6 months per visit.

Once acquired, parents and grandparents can freely travel between Canada and their home country without worrying about re-applying for a tourist visa on a regular basis for up to 10 years.

Application Process and Requirements

The application process is the same as for a Tourist (Visitor) Visa with a few additional steps.

To ensure that your Super Visa is processed, parents or grandparents must:

  • Demonstrate ties to their home country (Reasons to return after the trip)
  • Explain the reasons for their visit
  • Prove their financial and social establishment in their home country
  • Provide an Invitation Letter to Canada from their child or grandchild living in Canada

The Parent/Grandparent must additionally:

  • Submit a letter stating that his child or grandchild will provide financial security for his parents or grandparents and meets minimum income requirements
  • Purchase medical insurance coverage of minimum CAD $100,000 for at least one year from a Canadian Insurance Provider
  • Complete a medical examination


Additional document to be presented

An existing eligibility requirement for those who wish to sponsor their parents or grandparents is that they satisfy the minimum income threshold. Henceforth, the tax documents that Canada Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) will ask you to present in order to assess your income level, will comprise of printouts from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) MyAccount, which any sponsor can access themselves by logging in. This change is effective immediately.

Where we can help

Our experts at Jet Immigration Ltd. can help you by:

  • Conducting an Assessment and determining your eligibility for a Super Visa
  • Facilitating the Super Visa Application Process
  • In case your Super Visa has been refused, we assist with representation and re-submission of the same

Interested in a Parent or Grandparent Super Visa?

To know your eligibility, CLICK HERE for a assessment
+1 (437) 376-2255
Need Help? Chat with us