Canada Tourist Visa (TRV)
Every country restricts the entry and exit of foreigners, sometimes allowing foreigners to come and visit for short periods of time. Canada issues a specific document known as a Tourist Visa (technically known as Temporary Resident Visa or TRV). These visas are also popularly known as Visitor Visas. Unless you are a Canadian Citizen or a Visa-Exempt National, a Visitor Visa is required to enter Canada.
You must get your TRV before appearing at your Point of Entry (POE) in to Canada. It has to be shown to officials at the POE.
Issuing Authority and Validity
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) are responsible for the issue of Canada Tourist Visas. Canada Tourist Visas can be issued for a period of up to 10 years but a person can stay for a maximum 6 months at a time.
Eligibility for a Canada Tourist Visa
- The visitor should be able to financial support himself in Canada
- He must be medically fit
- He must not have any criminal activity in the past
- He must not work or study during the visitor period
Other than the usual requirements, an immigration officer is specifically interested in to the number of ties you have to your home country. He must be able to ascertain that you have come to Canada with an intention to return once your Canadian Tourist Visa expires. Ties refer to the need to go back to work in your home country, dependents back home, financial obligations, your return ticket etc.
Note: If you have an immigrant visa application in process, you can still apply for a visitor visa as long as you can show intent to return to your home country once your visa expires.
How Jet Immigration can help you?
Our experts at Jet Immigration can help you by:
- Conducting a FREE Assessment and determining your eligibility for a Visitor Visa
- Help identify your ties to your home country
- Facilitating the Canada Tourist Visa Application process
- In case your Tourist Visa has been refused, we assist in obtaining the internal file notes from the relevant Visa Office and preparing an effective re-application for the same